Worldwide, three-quarters of people living in poverty reside in rural areas and depend on agriculture for their livelihoods. Investment in the agricultural sector can not only address hunger and malnutrition, but also advance Sustainable Development Goal 1 by improving living standards, especially among smallholder farmers.
EVIHDAF team members are experts in:
- Agricultural extension and rural development
- Post-harvest operations, value chains and innovation platforms
- Nutritional considerations in agricultural paractices
- Animal and veterenary science
- Smallholder farmers' cooperatives and groups